In The Name Of Allah, The Most Gracious, The most Merciful
Christian Missionaries Sweeping the Islamic World
By Sheikh Salman Al-Odeh
From Tape Of Sheikh Salman Al-Odeh, by the same title. Lesson 66, on Monday 12th of Safar, 1413 Hijra.
The sheikh says....
Let us first discuss some of the new ways that Christian missionaries are using in the Islamic world, these new methods have been applied because the old methods did not prove as effective as the Christian missionaries thought they were. Some of the problems were the great gap between Islam and Christianity such as the principle of trinity and escalation of Jesus PBUH. Some of these new ways are: -
1) Misguiding, making similar, lying (taDDlel, khida3, labs Al-7aqaiq) Many books have been written for Muslims, keeping the belief of Muslims, their ideas and general principles in mind. The book "shahadat Al-Quran" which was distributed all around the Islamic world, even in Saudi Arabia. This book was taken from the book "The Lord is one" for Zakariya Boutros. This book talks about the similarities between Islam and Christian faith. They, for example, quote the verse that refers to prophet Jesus PBUH as a prophet, a word and a spirit. They say that is originally the same trinity! Of course this is a false interpretation, a lie. Allah said he blew in Adam of his own spirit, Allah gave his word to Moses, David, Ibraham, Adam, Mohammad PBUT and not only to Jesus. The missionaries base this whole theory on the fact that there are three nouns, i.e. just because of the number. One of their other arguments that they say that "In the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful" means three gods!! Not one! That is a worst lie than the one before, they ignore that Allah has 99 names that we know, and many more that Allah promised to tell his prophet at the Day of Judgment.
2) Building churches that look similar to mosques: Muslims were turned off from entering churches because they looked different, that also made them feel very uncomfortable with them. They also changed the internal structure of the church to look similar to a mosque, the people sit on the floor and in lines. They have circles (7alaqat) for teaching and that sort of stuff. They started using a new way for reciting the bible that is similar to the Tarteel of Quran. The also try to compare Christ in Islam to Christ in "Christianity". They misquoted Tafseer Al-jalaleen, and make it sound like the Tafseer says Jesus PBUH knows the time of Doomsday (ya3lamu Assa3a), when you refer to Al-Jalaleen you find that the time of Doomsday is known to be very soon when Jesus comes (to3lamu benozolihi assa3a). In other words they lie in a shamefully. This is used to fool the Muslim who is not educated about his religion. Another book is "Al-saleeb fi al-injeel wal-quran", where they claim that Sheikh Al-fakhr Al-Razi believes that Jesus was killed on the cross, when you check al-Tafseer Al-Kabeer you find that this is a big lie. Al-Fakhr Al-Razi quoted a question from a Christiana guy then took pages to answer it so they quoted the QUESTION of the Christian guy!!! This is one of many examples.
3) Names: they started using Islamic names, for examples one of their radio stations that has a person that is responsible for answering the questions of the listeners is called "Sheikh Abdallah", his program is called "Allahu Akbar", other radio stations are called "Sawt Al-7aq", "noor 3ala noor". They can use different names but they use these only to confuse Muslims with their misguided preaching.
4) The started a new way, not to tell Muslims things as they are, for example not to tell them that Xtians believe that Jesus is the Son of Allah (a3ooth Billah), since Jesus himself didn't use that statement, so they use other words like "the spirit of Allah" since it is closer to the understanding of a Muslim. They also use titles that are common between the two religions such as "Assalah", "Assawm", "Assadaqa" which include Christian propaganda but a title that is used to hunt Muslim readers.
5) The use of Islamic statements such as "bismilalhi Al-Rahmani Al-raheem", "Jesus Alaihi assalam", "Allah subhanah", "Allah tabarak wa ta3ala" ... calling their churches "boyoot Allah" (houses of God). They sometimes even claim to accept Islam as a religion from God, but they say that Islam did not cancel Christianity! (Ghayr-nasekh). There is a book called "deen Al-Masee7 lam Yonsakh" by Iskandar Jadid (Xtian), he also misquoted Al-Jalaleen claiming that they said that Muslims must ask the people of the book "Is'alo ahlal-thikr" when in fact Al-Jalaleen were explaining that Allah was asking the Kufar to check with Ahl Al-Kitab that Allah always sent MALE messengers only, like Jesus, Moses, David ... etc pubt. And to ask them only about that, not anything else.
6) Making concessions to win Muslims: for examples making Qudas (Christian ceremony) on Fridays not on Sundays to confuse Muslims, this was done in Kuwait for example.
7) Accepting the principle of polygamy. A funny thing to mention, In England, there was a conference in 1409 AD for priests (assaaqifat Al-Injeel) and a big discussion took place about polygamy, many of them totally rejected that issue and said that this is one thing they use against Islam, but they faced the problem that if they didn't allow polygamy they will lose their campaigns in Africa, after realizing that, they allowed it. There are catholic priest in Africa with 40 wives or more.
8)They say that many Muslims have changed to Christianity and they publish books and cassettes about that. For example the book "limatha sirtu masee7iyan?" for a writter "sultan Muhammad Bolous", a weird mix of Christian and Muslim names, they claim in this book that this person was a Muslim from Afghanistan who was the son of a scholar and went to Mecca to do Hajj, asked Allah for one thing which was to give him the true guidance, then the book says they he accepted Christianity, the rest of the book is attacks on Islam that appear to be written by someone who has done a whole lot of research and is very deep into Islamic issues. It is very obvious that this book is false and forged, this is a way that is used quite a lot by Christians and even shi3a and the other misguided, lost sects who claim that Ahlul-sunna wal-jama3a do the same thing (go to Hajj and ask for true guidance and accept their sect.). Another book "Sudan rushes to God", giving a lot of stories about many people who came back to Xtianity, many of them are actually originally Christians who strengthen their bond with the (Adden Al-Mansookh, deen Al-Kaneesah) unrighteous way. Some other cases they to be originally Muslims. We say in answer "In Tastafti7o faqad Ja'akom Al-Fat7u", Sudan is rushing to Allah because Islamic law is being applied more and more day by day, The Xtian military state in the south loses more and more and now it is a little insignificant group that has no place to stay, the kafir tribes in the south are coming into the religion of Allah. Like Allah said in his book, when the victory of Allah comes, and you see the people coming into Islam in big groups then do "tasbee7" for Allah and thank him a lot, ask him for forgiveness because he is Attawab. (Surat Al-FatH).
9)Taking the children from their parents and raising them according to their belief. For example in England they started special Hotels for children where they stay there with no connection with their parents, the workers there speak many languages, funny how most of them are Muslim spoken languages (e.g. Arabic). Another example is Bosnia children who were taken from Bosnia in Italy and France where they are raised according to Xtian belief, children who are 3month-3years old who know nothing about their original religion. Even if these children discover what happened to them they will still have doubts from what was taught to them for all their lives.
10)Education Curriculums : In Egypt the Christians there protested and asked to remove the verses of Quran and the Hadeeths from curriculums, they write several articles in the newspapers. And how fast do you think did the government answer? In a very short while the curriculums were changed and the verses and Ahadeth were dropped, the government used the excuse "the material was too hard for the children", compare that to how they teach Muslims to forget Allah and accept Kufr such as Jesus is the Son of God.
11)The use of Natural disasters : Such as wars, floods, ... etc, for example in Sudan they had such things when Sudan had its starvation, Muslims had to choose either take food+Kufr, or stay a Muslim, but a hungry Muslim. It is also sad that the aids that Muslims send were distributed by Christians such as the Red Cross and others, these funds were sent by Muslims in the Gulf and the rest of the world for the Muslims in Somalia, Sudan, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan. It is also sad that all the aid that goes to Bosnia is given by German institutions, what do we expect from these people? they use they funds and resources to spread their religion and to spread hatred of one Muslim towards the other ("the cross comes with food for you, your Muslim brothers forgot you").
12)Making conditions easy for new converts from Islam to Xtianity : These converts are treated by other Muslims as a traitor and something shameful, and that is the truth. They also saw that new converts feel left and abandoned, they also do not find full satisfaction with Xtianity. Something I want to mention, a book a looked at "Al-Masi7i Al-Mubashir bayna Al-Muslimeen" (The Christians missionary among Muslims). This book was printed in Laghous in Nigeria and was given to all the missionaries in that area, this book explains how the missionary can get the best results of his preaching. It says : " the Christian missionary must offer a great love for new converts, as well as regular Muslims, be nice to him. Learn about Islam not only to destroy Muslims belief, but also to understand the similarities between Islam and Xtianity so that YOU START WITH THESE POINTS. Talk to them about Jesus; tell them that he loves them and that he is their Savior. Do not argue the faith, give them a general idea, a fast answer, and even try to make it as a joke. Especially the trinity, or the idea that Jesus is god (Addition from the person typing this article PS: this exactly is what Xtian missionaries on the Usenet do), logical conclusions and discussions then we will fail, therefore we must ignore the subject or even make it a joke, also use similar things, for example Ibn-Assabell, say that Jesus is Ibn-Assabel" and that is a great lie because these missionaries say that Jesus is son of god not Ibn-Assabel. Some of the advises that are used in that book "avoid discussing the prophet Mohammad (we add Salla Allahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) and tell them that God will reviewuate Mohammad, you don't reviewuate him. Also use the point of freedom of religion, use the verse from Quran that says that." It is known to Muslims that fi a Muslim changes religion his punishment is to be killed, the prophet PPOABUH said "if a Muslim changes religion then kill him." Also the book says "Do not try to change the religion of the Muslim right away, try to first make them accept Jesus as their lover and Savior, then you must encourage them to get baptized and declare their new religion." The book also says "Muslim converts must not marry Christians, it has been proven that he may marry another Muslim women" but the truth is that in many cases converts into Christianity change back into Islam and their Christian wives change with them too. Christian girls must marry Christian youth.
Now we discuss missionary activity itself ...
First of all, the importance of the Islamic world, the Islamic world is the land that is full of milk and honey, the way "Butrous Al-Nasik" described it when he called for the European Crusades, today the Islamic world floods with Oil too, which is the most important one because the western civilization and economy is based on the consumption of this oil, of which 70% is in the Islamic world, and much more is discovered day by day.
Second, the great number of Muslims, which grows faster than any other nations, for example in Palestine, the growth rates of Muslim are much higher than Israelis, which indicates that if things go as they are Muslims will outnumber the Israelis and take over, so what you notice now is that they try to completely terminate the Islamic existence, we can see that very clearly in Bosnia where they kill a Muslim even if he knew nothing about his religion. This is one issue, the other is birth control and limiting it among Muslims. A funny example is Indonesia, Indonesia is a densely populated Muslim land, one of the doctors who I know that lived in Australia before told me that the average Australian believes that one day those Indonesians will invade Australia, he said that this belief is very strong in the heart of Australian to the degree that he thought it originated from some sort of a previous prediction or so, after investigation we discovered that there is no such thing and it is only from the fact that Indonesia in densely populated and Australia is not, and so when this Muslim country is over populated Muslims will invade Australia, that is what Australians fear.
The third reason, and the most important, the Islamic threat, the one they call "fundamentalist threat", which they fear today, and which is coming now. It appears to me that this threat is coming very soon, so they fear Islam today. I talked about this in details in a previous lecture titled "Why do they fear Islam?", but, concerning their fear today, I will add something new to it. Islam in central Asia and previous USSR republics: It has become a danger to them, they decided not to allow any Saudi Muslim to get a visa to go there, it appears that this is a cooperation between Russian and American intelligence because of their fear of Islam s spreading or getting stronger. Another example is Afghanistan; there are great threats to destroy the Islamic government in Afghanistan and to establish a state in northern Afghanistan that doesn't apply Islamic law so that it stands between the control of what they call the "fundamentalist government" in Kabul and the rest of Afghanistan. Another example is Bosnia, I read yesterday about a report from the British intelligence which warns against the great Islamic danger from the Balkan states, it also says that there is apart of Serbia called Kusufo which is populated by a Muslims majority, and that these Muslims are uniting and they assigned for themselves a Muslim leader and they are gathering weapons. It says that they intend to ask for separation from Serbia and recognition from the world, and if not given that they will start a new Balkan war against the Serbs and the Balkans will fall into a Christian-Christian war that no one can predict how and when it will end. In addition to many Muslim groups who store guns in Albania and Montenegro. So they expect a war between Islam, or what they call fundamentalism, Versus Christianity. We too expect that war and maybe even faster than they expect, that is why they give a great deal to the Muslim lands.
It is enough evidence for you that the council of international churches in its 7th gathering in Australia concentrated on the middle east and decided to assign the pope Shinoda to be the head for its missionary campaigns in the Islamic world, with the center being Cairo in Egypt. Shinoda was given great authority to do his mission. This is why notice that Shinoda has that great attention in the media and on TV, especially in the Egyptian TV and newspapers. We notice the same attention in western newspapers and TV channels, where he is portrayed as the leader of Christians in the Middle East.
Many of the young Muslims today are not afraid of this missionary campaign, they think that it does not affect anything. I say that this is wrong, it was proven by study that this is not true, and that many Muslims are affected by this missionary activity, and that many Muslims leave Islam and enter into Christianity! Add to that the ones, who are slightly affected by Christianity they for example leave Islam without entering into Christianity, or accept some of the Christian belief, or help Christians in their activities, or accept that their relatives become Christians then that is a huge number of people! So the missionary activity is doing what it is supposed to do.
It is wrong to think that every Muslim has impunity against these missionaries, the missionary efforts are very huge, and they are starting to give results even it is was a partial success. The need for food, shelter, medicine, education and clothes are one of the reasons that Muslims may accept Christianity. Ignorance is also another reason, there are many Muslims who do not know much about Islam. The ignorant Muslim is called to Christianity in cunning ways and so he enters into it. The fact that there is no Islamic preaching to stand in the face of Christian missionary with similar preaching is also another factor, there is not such activity to teach those ignorant Muslims about their religion and warning them about the danger of the missionaries is a reason that made Christianity acceptable among Muslims.
I will give some examples about this, just some examples of the many I have, Wallah if I wanted to discuss all the documents I have we would spend all night, but this is a few just t give you some idea: -
1) Africa: In the Newspaper "Adda3wa", issue number 1324, they asked a question " Did the popes plan to make Africa a Christian continent by the year 2000 succeed?", it appears that there is a huge campaign to make Africa a Christian continent, many missionary activities are taking the forms of medical and educational aid, it is based on a huge number of missionaries and a well designed plan to convert the continent. For example, in Zambia the president announced that it is a Christian country even though the Christians are only 25% of the population, the church is running with a dictatorship methodology in Africa by oppressing and controlling, trashing their false theories of the freedom of religion. The international organizations are keeping their eyes away from the act of forcing people to convert into Christianity, why don't they protect Muslims from this injustice? the Muslims in Zambia, 50% of them send their children to Christian schools. Two ministers in Zambia are official priests, in addition to the minister of information who is another official priest. The council of the Muslims of Africa says that in Malawi the percentage of Muslims has dropped from 66% to 17% in half a century. In Mali one single priest built 200 churches, 20 hospitals, 50 schools and 600 wells.
The pope made seven visits to Africa! Allahu Akbar!!! The head of Christianity gives that much attention and time to Africa! The Muslim scholars do not even think about these African states not just not visit them. 300,000 Muslims were converted into Christianity in the last two years. In Senegal the pope met the Sufi sheikhs, and he even met the Muslim youths which made the media in that country make fun of Muslims, their belief and their scholars. In Somalia, the only country that is 100% pure Muslim land with no minority, that is why it was divided into three states, churches were built everywhere, great efforts were put to build radio stations, spread books, .. etc and in the time of the war of Aghadeer the Christians used that war to build their sites and churches even though Somalia had not a single Christian before the war. The Christians have reached powerful positions in the country and there are radio stations for the sole purpose of converting Muslims in Somalia and to Africa in general.
In Spain they have the biggest center of missionaries to Africa, they are trained really well and their efforts lead many Moroccans to convert, in Morocco missionaries are given many privileges from the government to do their activity and travel freely. Missionary work in Africa towards Muslims in Europe is a great activity, the fact that they are in a Christian society makes it easy. David Pareet says in the Christian encyclopedia, and this is dangerous survey, the number of Christians in Africa was 9 million only in 1900Ad, or they were 9% of the whole population. In the year 1980 they became 200 million! Imagine! they jumped from 9 to 200 million in 80 years, he expected them to reach 390 million in the year 2000 or 48% of the whole population of Africa!!! that is if they grow on the same ratio, of course they want to speed up the process.
Concerning Algeria, I read a report in the magazine "Al-3alam Al-Islami", issue 1229, it says that French occupation came to Algeria originally to convert Algeria into a Christian country, the marshal Vego used to say "the days of Islam are few", Siobhan Allah! I wish he could see what happened to Algeria and how it became a great Islamic strength that the west thinks 1000 times about. A French leader used to say "Quran is stronger than France", the second French guy was right and the first was wrong, the good thing that relieves me a bit is that in the 132 years of occupation not a single Muslim child converted into Christianity in Algeria! and this shows the strength and decency of the great people of Algeria against the missionary activities.
Egypt is considered a center, a great center for the Muslim world, it is known to have a Christian minority (Coptic). The west supports the Egyptian government on the bases of its support for that minority. The Egyptian government gives its reports of obedience to that minority and other reports of the crushing of Muslim youth to get its support from the west. In the year 1986 six of the Muslims in Egypt converted into Christianity, the Azhar didn't do anything. Then mother Terreza, a very well known missionary came to Egypt and was able to change 50 young Girls from Islam into Christianity.
In a secret, dangerous meeting in Oxford, which some results were exposed to the public later, it was concerning missionary activity in Egypt and the new methods of missionaries. The pope Shinoda built hundreds of schools in Egypt, add to that many foreign schools like the university of Singoor in Alexandria. A secret report was exposed showing that there is a council called Al-Jam3iya Al-SiHiya Al-Mase7iya with support from the American embacy there and that it main purpose is missionary activity. The protestant churches in Egypt started an intensive missionary activity from Qasr ADDeborah, which is also close from the American embacy and is also a head quarters for missionary activity. Other institutions were built in universities and schools to capture young Muslim girls and arrange for them (da3arah) immoral activities and then photograph them and blackmail them with those pictures. There are also Christian gangs and terrorist groups such as Al-Jihad Al-Nasrani, and the weird thing is that the government lets it work without harassment, and the so called pope Shinoda completely denies its existence while the scholars of Al-Azhar confirm its existence and its harassment to Muslims. The government is only concerned with limiting the activities of the Muslim youth.
2) Indonesia : The biggest Muslim gathering in the world, more than 180 million Muslims of which 80% of are Muslims. This country is very poor, for example one Saudi Riyal is 2000 Rupees there, they are ready to accept anything, if Muslims intend to spread Islam it would be a great land for it. I saw that with my eyes when I visited it and I told my companions that Indonesia is for those who come first. From the poorness of Indonesia, they have something called "rice missionary", the use of rice to spread Christianity! and also "medical missionary", it is enough to know that more than 30% have an income less than 500$ per year. Many of them have converted. Above all that 65% of the companies are in the hands of Christians, the best schools are Christian schools and they are always the center for the children of influential, rich and powerful people. On the political side, most of the politicians are Christians, 65% of the high military officers are Christians! even there is an attempt to put a Christian president from them, a guy called Beni Murdani, a catholic who holds the ministry of defense and is supported by the west. It is enough to know that this man is supported by Jam3iyat Nahdat Al-3olama', a Muslim group!!! The number of foreign missionaries 27,324!! almost 30 thousands missionary and that doesn't include the Indonesian missionaries!!!! on the other hand the number of Muslim preachers are less than 80! There is 20 American missionary institutions, 44 European ... the budget for missionaries in Indonesia are 100 million dollars per year!!!! Their methods are many: reaching power positions, educational institutions, and publications! Also there are empty Islands where the government moves some Muslims and some pagans there so the missionaries hurry to build there and meet these people as they come and convert them! many Muslims were converted this way. Mixed marriages between Muslims and Christians are another way. There are also several airline companies that dedicate all their revenue to the missionary effort as mentioned the magazine Al-Yamamah, issue 1410.
There is also an Island called Samarang, which has the High Institution For Missionary, which was able to convert 6000 Muslim students in 9 years who became missionaries too. There is also another area called Riyam, this area is uncivilized and the people there still live in primitive life style. There is a great effort to convert these people even by seducing them by European girls who live among them ... there are some Muslim efforts but they do not compare to the Christian efforts.
3)Malaysia : Father "Than" there calls for political activity to build what he calls "the Kingdom of God" in Malaysia to stop the corruption in the government. Malaysia is also threatened by the change of the kind of population from the immigration by Chinese people who changes the ratios and percentages of Muslims there in all its states.
4)The Ex-communist republics : The magazine Al-Mujtama3 in the issue 996 said that Istanbul witnessed a huge meeting, which is the first of its kind since a 1000 years, which was attended by the highest priests of Eastern Orthodox churches and 14 Orthodox churches from the Middle East, Africa and Eastern Europe were represented in that meeting. The goal of that meeting was reconciliation with the other churches to face the so-called "challenges". These challenges are we the Muslims, meaning that the Christians are uniting and gathering to face and fight what they call the "Islamic fundamentalism" which is preferred to as "challenges". The meeting also issued a statement saying that the eastern church has faced a lot of oppression on the hands of Muslims and that the lands of central Asia and Russia was a Christian land and it must return a Christian land as it was before! Therefore the meeting assigned a great deal of funds and methods like tapes, publications, sending missionaries, building schools to bring Christians back to their religion and to convert Muslims. ..... For that ... an American institution made a great campaign called "Uniting for the sake of Jesus" which was aimed to at the Christians of Russia, it sent 1,000,000 copies of the bible to Russia, other activities included publishing Christian leaflets everywhere, broadcasting movies such as one called "Jesus" which I saw here in this city, which talks to these people and asks them to take Jesus into their life after leaving communism. They also built many Christian schools all around Russia and training missionaries there. In Albania which is a state that left communist, there are massive missionary efforts, it even reached that Christians are staring to get a good grip on the economy there even though that there is a lot of poorness and hunger there ... the Christians are also trying only to provide work for Christians, they even built a huge factory and the only condition to work there was to wear a cross on your chest. One of the local sheikhs, Tawfiq Islam, exposed in an interview with the press the missionary and Christians plots, he also said the Christians have built centers in most cities and villages there. Of course this is just some of what they did, I have several other documents but I'll save them for the lack of time.
I have an article, titled "The Future Of Islam in Africa", it was published in the magazine Al-Ummah in Jumada the first 1406 Hijri, it talks about the plans to convert the tribe Fulani, one the biggest tribes in Nigeria which was the tribe that supported Sheikh Othman Fudio who established a Khilafa in Nigeria the beginning of the 19th century.
This concludes the material on this lecture, next lecture we will continue about missionaries.
Wa Assalatu Wa Assalamu Ala Sayyidina Muhammad.
ęCynari Creation 2000